Alpha-Arbutin is a pure, water-soluble, biosynthetic active ingredient. It acts quickly, safely and extremely efficiently, and meets all the requirements of a modern, safe skin lightening and skin depigmentation product.
Alpha Arbutin is a very expensive ingredient. Most other formulations use the cheaper & less effective Beta Arbutin. In clinical trials, Alpha Arbutin was found to be more effective than Kojic acid or Hydroquinone.
It is a skin lightening active that acts faster and more efficiently than most other skin lightening ingredients.It diminishines liver (brown) spots and reduces the degree of skin tanning after sun exposure.
Alpha Arbutin Uses:
- Blocking of melanin synthesis will result in lighter skin.
- Effective in reversing problems like freckles, patches from prolonged sun exposure, age spots, and liver spots.
- Alpha Arbutin successfully blocks skin’s tyrosinase activity resulting to the prevention of melanin formation. This natural ingredient can be very beneficial in treating melasma characterized by a dark or tan skin discoloration.
- Even skin tone. When deeper penetration into skin layers is needed, Alpha Arbutin is then mixed with other active agents to help in skin repair. This will correct many hyperpigmented conditions to have a more even skin quality. Some examples of this condition is vitiligo and linea nigra caused by pregnancy.
Alpha Arbutin is a natural compound extracted from various natural plant resources such as bearberry plant. This compound inhibits the tyrosinase activity thus blocking epidermal melanin biosynthesis.
Studies show that Alpha Arbutin works effectively when used generously for 2 to 3 months, for lightening the skin through blocking the production of melasma.
Alpha Arbutin Functions:
- Promotes lightening and an even skin tone on all skin types.
- Minimizes liver spots.
- Can reduce the degree of skin tanning after UV exposure.
A skin lightening study on 80 women demonstrated that an emulsion containing 1% ALPHA- ARBUTIN resulted in a faster and more pronounced skin lightening effect after 1 month when compared with other commonly used single components at 1 % use levels.
Products that contain Alpha Arbutin: